The local programmes incorporated in the LEADER+ Community Initiative are designed and implemented by the Local Action Groups. These are development agencies, registered as sociétés anonymes, consisting of collective bodies in the broader public or private sector, such as: first and second tier local authorities, associations, chambers of science and production, cooperatives and associations of farmers’ cooperatives, scientific agencies, environmental and other organizations, workers’ representatives, private individuals or legal entities in private law, and so on.
Their basic characteristics are as follows:
- They are established as sociétés anonymes
- They have broad participation of local agencies
- They have their offices in the regions in question
- They enjoy sound finances
- They are staffed with adequate, skilled personnel